Saturday, May 23, 2009

To D.I. or not to D.I.

Spring cleaning has arrived. I love going through my house and getting rid of all of the junk that I have accumulated. Yesterday Chris had the day off and we were both feeling ambicious so we decided to tackle our spare bedroom. As we are going through stuff I found a pair of shorts that Chris has had for as long as I've known him. They are a really nice pair of shorts, apparently really expensive, but here's the catch. How many times have I seen him wear these shorts-not once! Without even thinking I immediately put them in the D.I. pile and then we had the following conversation:

Chris (with much feeling): What are you doing those shorts are expensive!!!
Jess: Good someone will like them.
Chris: You can't give those away they were expensive!!!
Jess: You've never worn these shorts in 6 years I'm giving them away.

At this point Chris immediately puts the shorts on, wears them the rest of the day, and comments numerous times on how great they are.

So now the hard part. Will he ever wear these shorts again since they are his favorite? Do I put them back in the drawer or do I secretly give them away to the D.I.?

3 comments:

Suzanna said...

Oooo, tough choice! So funny too! I'd say hide them somewhere and if he doesn't notice after a few months, to D.I. it goes! :)

Sara said...

D.I. D.I. D.I. You're a nice little wife. But really, keep them around a little longer and see if he uses them. You don't want to buy new ones as soon as you take them to the D.I.

Hilary said...

That is so funny. I'd say let him keep the shorts. I know I would be mad if my expensive shorts were given away. Although, I have to say I have DI'd a few of Greg's unworn expensive stuff and he hasn't noticed. You just can't let them see it first then they don't know what they're missing.