Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The End


Today is the end of life as we know it, at least our wonderful life during the winter. Chris went back to work today and we are officially stuck in the county. Last year at this time I was kind of excited for this day and the new adventure our life was taking. This year I'm only dreading the next 7 months and everything they bring. Although I'm not pregnant, I'm not working, and we only have one dog so it can't be worse than last year.

Anyways the past few weeks we've been cramming in as much fun as we can in order to get as many smiles as possible out of the girlies.
I'd say we are doing a pretty good job at making them smile but with a daddy like ours that isn't hard. So here is a picture overload of some of the stuff we've been doing.

We had three different Easter egg hunts this year, our neighborhood, with Grandpa Davis, and at our house. Huntley finally gets the concept of finding the eggs but her favorite part is still opening them and eating as much as candy as she can right away. Next year I'm doing non-edible items to avoid her sugar melt down and me gaining 5 pounds by eating all of the candy that didn't fit in the eggs.



Another thing we've done is explore the Book of Mormon Children's exhibit at the Church History Museum. Huntley was being extremely shy and not really into doing all of the neat stuff. We were able to get her to help Nephi build the ship. Afterwards she of course had to use the ship to go fishing. She's kind of a professional fisherwoman these days.
I am so out of order here picture wise but blogger is not cooperating with letting me move them so bear with me.

Here is our lovely Easter morning picture. Huntley is two for two on refusing to wear her pretty Easter dress and attending church looking like a homeless child on Easter Sunday. This year she even refused taking a picture. Luckily I reacted a lot better than last year and didn't let it bother me. Probably because I was able to focus all of my attention on Pais who can't talk back to me.
We spent some time dyeing eggs where I learned it's not a good idea to buy your egg kit on clearance the previous year. For some reason the dye stops working and we got several of the same color instead of a variety. Huntley loved displaying her eggs for all to see until she discovered she could smack them against things and crack the shells. Which was hilarious the first few times but not so much a few eggs later when I realized we were going to be eating egg salad sandwiches the whole day.

Back to the Church History Museum. Huntley was scared to do everything but Chris on the other hand had a great time trying everything out. He also enjoyed the thrill of using the escalator instead of the elevator with a stroller. Fun times I tell you.


Paisley also enjoyed watching us play at the museum. So much that she left a little present in the stroller they let us borrow. Talk about most embarrassing moment ever when I took it back to the nice little missionary, lift her out, and we both see a nice little puddle. Word to the wise bring your own stroller and don't borrow one when you go there. The missionary was nice enough to point out to me that she wasn't the first child to do that which did make me feel better but was also a little disturbing.Afterwards we took Hunt to her own personal heaven and let her walk around temple square and pick flowers. Anybody know if temple square has a motto like the forest of "leave only footprints take only pictures"? Either way we aren't very good at keeping that policy.
Huntley also had her first ever kite flying experience. It's always windy when we go fishing so Chris had a great idea of bringing a kite for Hunt to play with. She loved it and he loved not having to constantly get her line untangled from her constantly having a bite.
Are you still awake? I'm sure this post did put most people to sleep but I'm now caught up and can go cuddle with this little ball of cuteness.

2 comments:

Chantal Marie said...

Holy rolls batman! ha! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Loved all the pics!!