Monday, August 25, 2008

Waiting on baby

At the beginning of this month I really really liked my doctor. I was finally getting towards the end of pregnancy and of course getting a little nervous about driving down the mountain in labor, more probably from Chris's driving me while in labor than the actual labor. I brought up my concerns with the doctor and he said that if I wanted he would be willing to induce me anytime after Aug 28. I was so thrilled. The end was in site, plus it worked out really well for Chris's schedule. We even had Scott, Linda, and April buy plane tickets so they could be here.

Well as we are learning there is no planning with babies. At my last appointment my doctor became the furthest thing from my best friend. He changed his mind. The baby is still really high, I haven't started dilating and more than likely she's not coming any time soon. I have an appointment on the 28 but more than likely he'll just be sending me home to wait another week. I am so depressed. Yes I know it will be better for me and the baby the longer we wait but when you're planning on a final end date one more extra week seems like a million years.

So I'm taking things into my own hands. I started looking on the Internet for ways to induce my own labor and there are a ton. I've started walking lots, which is extremely hard because my feet are huge. I've been eating spicy food, not really the best idea because it gives me heartburn. I haven't gotten quite desperate enough to drink caster oil though, the side effects of that one scares me a little bit. If anybody has any other suggestions of things I can try just let me know!

3 comments:

Aubrey Smith said...

Jess you make me laugh. There are a ton of theories out there on how to induce labor, but from all of the stories I've heard, I don't think any of them really work. Unfortunately I think Huntley will come when she wants to come not when you want her to come. But just in case you get desperate DON'T try castor oil, I've heard to many horror stories.

Hilary said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! I know what you mean being nervous about driving down the mountain and stuff to have your baby. I won't have to drive down a mountain, but our hospital is an hour away, and I'm pretty nervous about that myself. As for inducing labor, the only way I've really heard of besides castor oil is something I'm too embarassed to write, but you can probably guess. It worked for one of my friends twice, so it's worth a try! I hope the little tike comes soon! I can't wait to see the pics.

Unknown said...

Ok...I love this blogging thing...because you get to look into the lives of so many people you'd never be able to otherwise! And you guys seem so happy! You can tell you love eachother so much! We had Brody September 27th and Mike hated that it was during hunting season too! Thos hubbys...what they do for their little ones and wifs...!

Good luck with everything...you're going to rock at being a mom...I'm guessing you don't know what your having...boy or girl! I didn't see anywhere on your blog...but I"m spacey that way...I probably just missed it!

michelle