Thursday, July 16, 2009

Auntie April's Visit

Auntie April and Matt came and visited this past week and even though they only left a few hours ago I'm missing them like crazy. April pretty much took over Huntley for the week and I got a vacation and it was wonderful! Thank you so much! Besides that Chris had the week off too so we were able to get out and do a lot of fun stuff. So prepare yourself for a whole bunch of pictures of all the fun we had. We miss you April!



Huntley finally got her first ride on her daddy's boat. She did great the first mile, got annoyed the next 5, and finally fell asleep for the last 2. Overall she did okay for her first time down the river.We took a drive up to Spirit Lake and saw a mama moose and her baby hanging out on the side of the road.

Chris caught some fish on a little stream. Huntley did not like the fish!



We were able to go camping for a night. Here we are enjoying the campfire, little did we know what was to come that night.

This evil grin should have given us a clue. Huntley woke up every 20 minutes the entire night. She likes to crawl in her sleep and kept crawling into the wall which is a whole lot harder than the side of her crib at home. We only lasted one night of camping.

Our friend Ryan took us out on his boat so April and Matt could try out their wakeboarding skills.



Last but not least we hiked Leidy Peak and went sledding. Leidy Peak is definitley my favorite place on the whole mountain. The only thing that would make it better was if there was no such thing as mosquitos. I really hate those dang bugs!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Man...you guys are hard core!!! That's awesome you guys do all that stuff! And my what a beautiful girl Huntly is!!! ...loved the D.I. story...I've secretly given a lot of Mike's stuff away...he's never asked where they went :) unless he sees me do it!

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

what a awesome week. I glad you were able to have fun with April and Matt. See ya next time you come down.

Hilary said...

You guys are so adventurous. Huntley is a lucky girl. I am way too much of a wimp to do all that stuff with my kids. You're awesome.