This is our neighborhood:

This is our house (well not our house but the house we live in the basement of):

This is where we parked our car:

Key word here is "parked." As in past tense and no longer happening. If you get what I'm saying my car is gone, missing, STOLEN!!! I know that cars get stolen but I always thought that was just something that happens in the movies and honestly couldn't believe it had really happened. Neither could Chris as he was riding around the neighborhood on his bike wondering where it went, but yes it is gone and may never be seen again by us. Which I'm actually hoping for after the police officer told us it was more than likely being used to smuggle drugs, who wants to drive their child around in a car that was once full of meth!
You can imagine the pitty party I've been throwing for myself today, yeah it was big. Not necessarily for the car but the items in the car, Huntley's car seat, Chris's textbooks, fishing rods, and our video camera that I've neglected uploading the videos off of from Huntley's first steps on. Right at the moment I was feeling most sorry for myself a coworker came to my office. I immediatley thought of the trial he has been dealing with of the recent loss of his daughter and realized my simple trial of a stolen car really wasn't all that bad. I may be carless and can't watch videos of Huntley as a baby but at least I still can watch Huntley in person.
9 comments:
Oh my gosh...I can't believe someone stole your car...That is crazy! also I am really sorry to hear about your co-workers daughter...that is so sad.
Holy cow! Really!!? I can't believe that! So crazy!
That's horrible and kind of scary.
So sad that even in one of the best neighborhoods I know, your not safe parking your car outside of a garage. I hope they find your things that were inside- but good for you for having the right attitude on life.
Oh my goodness Jess, I am so sorry about your car and all of your belongings!!
Sorry to hear. You are right though, it could always be harder.
Oh my goodness!! That is so sad that people do that. I hope it is found so at least you can get your stuff back. I love your blog layout by the way. :)
I can't believe a car was stolen off of my street. I mean, I grew up on that street, its got to be the quintessential safe small town street right? So crazy. Sorry about your car, and all of those things, I know you have a great perspective on it, but it still is no fun.
pretty crazy! Next time you up here give us a call. Rylan would love to meet you guys!
Post a Comment