Saturday, November 27, 2010

November

Yep we are at the tail end of this month and I haven't wrote once. Not much has happened besides Huntley turning from my sweet little baby girl into a sassy two year old who thinks her name is "mine." Any tips on teaching your child their own name would be greatly appreciated!

We started off the month with Huntley mastering the art of climbing out of her crib and Chris and I experiencing our first encounter of waking up to someone starting at you in the dark. Creepy. Lucky for us she now has a big girl bed that is high enough off the ground she doesn't dare climb down.

In January we are going on a cruise to Mexico. You're all jealous now right! Well don't be. One particularly blustery day I thought I'd get online to see all the fun things we could do in the nice warm weather. Of course the pool was number one until I read all children must be potty trained in order to go in the pool. We had Potty Training Boot Camp the past few days that ended with both Huntley and I in tears. I don't think it's going to happen in a month. Now our options consist of dealing with a screaming Huntley who can't go in the pool or taking her in without a diaper and hope she doesn't pee while swimming. Doesn't that make you want to tag along.

2 comments:

sisterwendy said...

Love the picture! You can see she has a in control kind of attitude! You will love the cruise! I've heard of quite a few who take their kids and still can find a ton of stuff to do. xoxoxo

Sara said...

When Jordyn was a little younger she would always say her name was "me" so don't feel bad. She'll learn. Just get it on camera so you can make fun of her later. :)

I heard...if you're up for it...a good way to potty train is to let them run around without clothes on for a few days. Of course you have to stay home, and be willing to clean up little messes, but it shows them what their body is actually doing. GOOD LUCK!