Saturday, December 18, 2010

Busy

It's crazy how fast December flies by and amazing how many things you can cram into one little month. Already this month we have gone to Bethelehem where we were greeted by a very upset girl was on her cell phone whining about wanting to go home but was nice enough to pause and "welcome"us to Bethlehem. We discovered Huntley is afraid of "mallas" and "melcams" but loves Baby Jesus and was extremely excited to see him. We went to the annual Davis family Christmas party where much to my dismay both Huntley and Chris were afraid of the ball pit so we didn't get to leave with any of that great Uncle Boyd loot. We discovered one little girl will only go potty if she has a magazine but decided not to push the potty training because who really wants to find a potty every 15 minutes while walking around Mexico. We spent 2 days sick where we did 25 loads of laundry, took 15 baths, and watched Cool Runnings 5 million times. Why Huntley is obsessed with bobsleds I still have not figured out. We tried to sit on Santa's lap at 3 different occassions but got a loud "No Way!!!" each time we got close to the jolly old elf. We had 1 broken toe that is still poking in the wrong direction so we're debating if we want to squeeze in 1 trip to the doctor. Last but not least we spent 3 days getting 1/2 of a roof reshingled only to have the weather get in the way. So now we are going against the grain of the whole world and hoping for a green Christmas or at least one nice shiny day this week we can become the owners of our very own house. If so then hopefully we'll finish off the moving lots and lots of boxes.

5 comments:

Kira Dee said...

I love that she loves cool runnings!! That is hilarious!! Dang I wish I was there for the Christmas party. I would have gotten double the loot and given you my extra ;)

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

I hope everything goes well on the house. But just so you know even people in oregon are praying for a white christmas. Lets us know if you need any help.

Sara said...

I love that Huntley doesn't love Santa yet. Jordyn, finally this year, sat on his lap. No crying. She even told him what she want. So, just wait, next year will be better. :)

sisterwendy said...

Love your post and all the excitement happening with your fam- but the part that sticks in my mind and I can't think of anything else is- you're getting a house!!! Where, when? how exciting!! What a great Christmas present! (and who doesn't love bobsleds?) xoxoxo

The Bairs said...

O Jess, how I miss you guys. I can't believe how big Huntley is getting, so sad. My baby is now 15 months old and walking. Crazy how time flies. I hope the two of you are doing well. Come and visit!