Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bow

A couple weeks ago we had the really hard task of saying good bye to our buddy Bow. I've never been much of an animal lover and have just put up with Chris's need to always have man's best friend but Bow apparently was more important than that because I've had a hard time letting him go. He was only a member of our family for four short months but he will always be remembered, as Huntley's best friend, Chris's pride and joy, and for his crazy tree climbing skills and cute little howl.



Since Ellie is now by herself for the first time in her life she's been really lonely during the day and it breaks my heart to see her sitting by the fence as we leave. So we welcomed this little lady into our home and she has been great. She is extremely patient and puts up with Huntley's love and has been perfect. Now if we could just think of a name for her we'd be set.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Bow. It can be so difficult sometimes to let pets go. Hopefully, the new gal will help. She sure is cute!! Good luck on the name!!!

sisterwendy said...

I'm sorry to hear about Bow :( I got to meet him and pet his little head. Both puppies were adorable. Thank goodness we know he is happy! Crazy how we can get attached so fast. xoxoxoxo

Jordan and Jandee said...

Jess! I haven't checked your blog in a while, but wow some big changes going on in your family. congrats on the baby! I can't believe how grown up Huntley is in these pictures -- what happened to our babies?