Sunday, May 8, 2011

Home Alone

Chris left Huntley and I home alone for FOUR whole days to go play with some fires in southern Utah. He left Monday and was supposed to come home Thursday but Wednesday was the worst day ever. His crew was called to fight fires in Texas and our four days of being home alone turned in to THIRTY!!! I kicked. I screamed. I cried. And now I'm trying to employ positive thinking and enjoy the fact that his absence will give me my new kitchen.

Saturday Chris finally arrived on site and since he will only be able to talk to us randomly throught out the next month the blog has now become my way of updating him on what is happening in Huntley and I's lives. Saturday we went out west to take Ellie and Maze (yes that's the new dog's name given by Huntley that I can't think of anything better) for a walk. This week I discovered trying to walk two dogs and push a stroller is a joke so now we just drive out to the desert and let them run around while Huntley and I walk. Poor Hunt is going to have to get used to being quite the celebrity since I'll constantly be taking pictures of her and the rest of you will just have to get used to seeing boring pictures of her on a regular basis.


Don't worry she's about as annoyed with that fact as anyone but I figure someday she'll enjoy it since it will be a whole lot of attention on her before the baby comes.




I'm writing this at seven in the am but I know Chris was on a fire all night so hopefully he checks this before he crashes in bed and Huntley says "Night Night Daddy, Luv U!"

2 comments:

Kira Dee said...

Oh, man, Jess! I'm so sorry! I've been away from Tony for that long a couple of times (of course I was with my parents) but its still so hard!! I hope all goes well for you! And the blog is an excellent idea to keep in touch. I did the same thing with Tony and he loved it :)

Anonymous said...

I think the photos are adorable!!! I'm sure she'll get through all the pics! Tell Chris to stay safe and at least you have the blog to help stay in touch while he's gone. Hope time goes by quickly for you! Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!