Being a stay at home mom is hard and for me it's a whole lot harder than being a working mom. Especially being the stay at home mom who is stuck at home helping their kids and themself adjust to life after a vacation. Yesterday the day ended with lots of tears and I told Chris that I wasn't any good at the whole stay at home mom thing and I wanted to go back to work.
So I did.
I've been working from home a few hours each week so today I decided I would go back to work.
It was wonderful.
Everyone was excited to see me and everything I did was noticed and appreciated. I was able to start and finish something, several somethings. I had lots of conversations with others and none of them included the word why. And the best part, not once did someone bite me when they didn't like what I told them to do.
Then I came home and life was pretty much the same as it had been the past few days. We cleaned up several messes, answered the question why five million times, had arguments over clothes, changed several diapers, and I got bit once.
But I was different.
I did enjoy my day at work and feeling like I accomplished something but in the long run I realized that was only a temporary joy compared to the joy I get from spending time with my girls. Mixed in with our not so good moments were some really great ones. Like having Huntley help me make lunch, cuddling Paisley before she went down for a nap, and traveling under the sea while we pretended we were mermaids during bath time. My paycheck as a mom might not be much according the the worlds standards but in the eternal perspective I'm going to be one rich lady.
3 comments:
Speaking of being bitten. Do you remember that one time you got bit playing YW basketball? I was telling Jodee Mickleson about it the other day. Good times. Good times.
Im REALLY hoping that your YW knew what you were talking about when you started quoting Billy Madison. It makes me sad to think of a generation having to grow up without that high class movie ;)
Being a mom is the hardest, but best job on earth! And you are one great mom *heart heart* I don't know if you got my message on FB but, I tagged you in a post on my blog. Feel free to play along if you wish. I won't be offended if you don't but if you do let me know so I can swing by and read! Thanks!xoxoxox
O Jess, I loved this post. It sounded just like how I feel alot of the time and it made me feel good to know I am not the only one. You are so wonder, and such a good mom. You definately are going to be "one rich lady". Love and miss you!
Post a Comment