One of my biggest worries about moving into my parents house while searching for our next house was leaving our friends behind. Hunt is big on playing with friends, all day long, every single day. Our old neighborhood was perfect for this and there was always somebody to come over and spend the day with us. I loved it. She loved it. Paisley loved it. The friends loved it. (I think.) What were we going to do when the afternoon rolled around and we had no friends to play with.
Luckily for us Grovecreek Canyon has come to our rescue. We took the dogs for a walk up there the other day and I thought we'd be gone for a half hour or so. I was so wrong. I practically had to drag the girls off the mountain. They loved following new trails, searching for the perfect hiking stick, breaking every single piece of ice in the river, and feeling like we were on top of the world while enjoying the view from the water tower. We've went back several times since and I love that my girls are getting old enough to be in the places I like to be and do the things I like to do. As embarrassing as it is to admit my new goal is to be able to keep up with Huntley hiking by summer. I never thought I would say that and I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment