Christmas is here!!! My favorite yearly tradition has always been cutting down the tree. When I was little we always went to my Great Grandma's back yard, she had her own mini forest in the middle of downtown Pleasant Grove. After her trees grew too big we started going to Oak City Canyon where my Aunt lives. As kids we had a blast sledding and four wheeling for hours. Now that we live in Flaming Gorge we pretty much just have to walk out in our back yard to cut our tree. Last year I took things to the extreme and spent all summer hiking around looking for the perfect tree. I was so excited to take Huntley out and pick out her first tree. Well that didn't go as well as I would like. Huntley fell asleep on the drive and I ended up sitting in the truck with a sleeping baby listening to Chris singing Christmas carols while he was looking for the perfect tree. (He didn't know I could hear him but he has quite the loud singing voice.) After we got the tree we did wake Huntley up to take a picture in front of it but she wasn't exactly thrilled. Hopefully next year will go a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment