Thursday, March 12, 2009

Please Help?

Huntley has many soft toys that she likes to play with. On all of these toys they say in order to clean them wipe down with a damp rag. Which I do, but then I think about all of the places her toys have been and the floors they have been on and wiping down with a damp cloth just doesn't seem like that will cut it to me. (Most of the time when playing with toys they are in her mouth.) So as I was cleaning the kitchen yesterday and spraying down the garbage container with lysol I figured hey I'll just spray her toys too. After I did it I then questioned if that was really a great idea because will she end up sucking the lysol off of the toys. Today I decided I would put them in the washing machine anyways. I just pulled them out and they still smell like lysol. Now I've been searching the internet to know if lysol is going to poison her or not. They lysol site, although very informative about babies and germs, has nothing on the matter and doesn't even have a search feature to look for it specifically. The can only talks about it being hazardous to the eyes. Now to the question, Does anybody know if it is okay for her to play with her lysol sprayed, run through the washing machine twice toys or am I going to have to go by some new loveys?

4 comments:

Hilary said...

I bet it's fine. Especially since you washed it twice. I would just make sure they are thoroughly dried before you let her suck on them again. You could always call and ask Poison Control if you're really worried. They are very nice. I called once when Jayden ate some shampoo. Really though, I think if it was dangerous there would be a warning on the can, so I say don't worry.

Sara said...

You're such a good mom! Way to keep the toys clean. I think that they are fine too. Don't worry!

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

I agree I think they will be fine. BUt for next try clean toys I suggest clorcx anywhere it is baby safe.

Delora said...

I found it somewhat amusing that if you read the lysol can it actually says harmful to humans right on it. Some vacuum/air cleaner salesman once pointed that out to us and we were surprised he actually was right at least at that time they might have changed it. After the washer I probably wouldn't worry though and since this was more than a week ago you've probably figured it all out. I just thought it was amusing and it reminded me of that.