I've gotten to this day with both my girls and thought, really it's already been a year, how did that happen. I have loved celebrating Huntley's birthday the past week and watching her excitement but there is something about that first birthday that is just different and special. All day long I've been able to reflect on a year ago last year and everything that happened that day. It still feels like yesterday and I hope I never forget all the feelings, emotions, and experiences of that day. Our family took on a completely new dynamic and it was definitely a good change for us.
Paisley is our happy go lucky sweet child but the past few days she has developed a little bit of an attitude. She discovered her voice and has been squawking at me constantly. Luckily today she woke up with a big smile and was her normal little self all day long. We had waffles with whip cream for breakfast, lunch with Ma, lots of visitors to give her wishes, a hike with the dogs to pick sunflowers, and a surprise cake and balloons. You can bet after the past week and a half she knows what cake is and exactly what to do with it. I think both my girls will be disappointed tomorrow after dinner when there isn't any cake, candles, and songs.
Happy Birthday Paisley!



No comments:
Post a Comment