Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Christine got Married!!!

Here's the good news, one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world met her sweetheart and is getting married.  The bad news was he's from Florida and she chose there to get married.  Luckily my other bestest friend really wanted to surprise Christine and show up to her wedding and brought me along.

So after a fun filled Saturday night at Christine's reception, Melissa and I hopped on a plane early Sunday morning and flew across the country.
We only had one day in Orlando to actually do stuff so we crammed stuff in and made the most of it. We woke up at 5:30 (3:30 Utah time!!!!) and drove out to New Smyrna beach.  I knew that people say the Atlantic is warmer than the Pacific but I wasn't expecting that warm. It was awesome and made me wonder if we came to this beach if my kids would actually like it.
Next we drove back to Orlando and said Hello to Shamu. (Not really but who remembers any other whales names besides Shamu)
Then we spent the rest of the night hanging out with Christine's siblings and waiting for her to come home.  She actually wasn't that surprised to see us but Eileen on the other hand was and looked at us like we were ghosts the whole time we were there. 
This morning we got to head over to the Orlando temple and attend Christine's sealing.  It was beautiful and twenty years down the road I'm going to highly recommend my girls get married in a non Utah temple on a weekday.  You have the place to yourself and get extra special service.
These two are so stinking cute together!
Although not as cute as the three amigos. Also I'm not pregnant Melissa just took me to every restaurant she had been missing back East and I ordered cookies on the side with everything. I figured how much damage could I do in two days.  Apparently this picture is evidence I could do a lot.
In the meantime the girlies stayed home and I missed them like crazy.  Thanks to Ma, Josh, Kenzie, and Mera I don't think they even noticed I was gone.

2 comments:

Aubrey Smith said...

Love this post!

Hilary said...

Yay! I love this post too! I am so happy for Christine. What great friends you are to go all the way to Florida to support her :) And don't feel too bad, I'm known to rock a pretty awesome "food baby" as our family call it every once in a while too. I am sure it was only apparent to you anyway. I know I didn't think you looked pregnant in that picture!