Did I mention Chris got a job? A nice one. That actually has benefits, pays well, and has all sorts of perks. We've never had one of those kind of jobs before so it's exciting stuff. The downside is it's not a normal 8-5 job but a 14 days on 7 days off kind of job. I'm stating to think Chris can't handle being like a regular person and has to find the weirdest jobs out there. At least this time we knowh is schedule a year in advance so I think that will be easier to deal with.
Anyways since he got this new job he also had to go get a North Dakota drivers license. Instead of sending him up early and missing him "too much!!!" we decided to take a little road trip and check out his new home away from home. So we spent seven days in the car and got to watch Hunt manage some pretty rad sleeping positions.
We drove past Home on the Range. The skies weren't cloudy at all but I didn't see any deer or antelope playing.
We drove past acres upon acres of fields of sunflowers. It was gorgeous and made me wish I had a small bit of photography skill to capture how beautiful it was.
We spent a lot more time than we planned in the state of North Dakota and discovered there wasn't much to do. Luckily railroad tracks make for cheap entertainment.
As well as swimming in the Missouri River.
And checking out the local elementary schools.
Finally we were able to head West and since our trip was taking longer than planned we figured why not go all out and drive down through Yellowstone while we were in the area.
I thought the girls would love seeing all the animals but was pleasantly surprised by how excited they were to see all the weird geological features. That ended up being a good thing since the only thing we saw was an elk sitting in a hot spring.
I also discovered seven days living in hotel rooms is kind of a long time and made me really miss bed time. But when I woke up in the morning and was able to see my girls cuddled up together that kind of made me glad our trip lasted a lot longer than expected.
1 comment:
There are some incredibly cute pictures in this post. I love it when my kids snuggle up to each other... however I'm pretty sure the only time they aren't fighting is when they are asleep. So Chris will be in No. Dakota for work?
P.S. jealous of your yellowstone drive even if you didnt see much animal wise. I havent ever been.
Post a Comment