A little over three years ago I was having one of those days. You know the kind where you are just antsy about life and your future and want to do something about it. At the time we were living in the Green's basement and I was working full time. Chris had been trying to get on with a fire department unsuccessfully and we were trying to have a baby but I ended up miscarrying. So during this particular day I was feeling like I couldn't control much in my life so why not throw all my energy into something I could control and buy a house. I sent Chris a text saying "We should buy a house" and he responded "If I can have a dog." A fast month later we were home/dog owners.
Our budget wasn't very big so there weren't a whole lot of options in our price range. Of course we picked the one with the most work thinking it would be fun to turn it into our own. We spent up until this last November living in a constant state of construction. Something was always going on.
I wouldn't trade all the chaos of the last three years for anything. We learned what it was like to spend quality time together as a couple working hard. We spent countless hours with family and friends who were so kind and willing to help us in our many projects. Most importantly it was the right place for our family to be and we have grown in ways we never would have if we hadn't lived in this particular house. I also know I'll be blessed for the rest of my life with the amazing friendships we created here.
My biggest regret of our little blue house was the fact I didn't really take any before pictures of our house. When moving this past weekend we found our appraisal paperwork and couldn't believe it was the same house. The place was kind of a dump and it would have been fun to have before and afters. When we were getting ready to move I hurried and took pictures of the entire thing so that the girls would be able to look back and see where they spent their first few years of life. The pictures aren't great and the house isn't perfect (why I didn't take pictures during one of the million times I had it ready for a showing is beyond me) but at least it's something we can always look back and remember with fondness.
Goodbye little blue house, we'll miss you!



2 comments:
From what I can see from your pictures you guys did a ton of work! It looks beautiful!
Holy smokes! That is gorgeous! I love love love the kitchen! Good work! I'm impressed.
Post a Comment