A month ago when Chris was home he had made grand plans to spoil me for two days on my birthday but instead we spent a lot of the time at home with him being sick. Something completely out of anyone's control and I knew that but was upset about it and frustrated that nothing was going as planned. We ended up having a lovely discussion about my frustrations with life and being in limbo and how if we can just move on from this stage I'd be happy. Chris lovingly pointed out that I could be happy in any situation and that it was a choice I had to make on a daily basis. Apparently he isn't the only one who has this view because the next week during our church's General Conference Elder Uchtdorf gave a talk about being Grateful in Any Circumstances. It was another good wake up call to me to enjoy every day and be glad for every blessing I had. So I've been doing my best to try and spend my day enjoying all of the little things that make me happy. I have a lot of them.
Sunshiny days and making new friends.
the fear of trying a new slide at the park and the happiness that follows when you reach the end unscathed, playing on the toys at the grocery store
water and mud puddles
your baby hitting your dog with a stick and yelling "look at me, I'm a goober!"
(probably not the nicest thing but I laughed a lot)
picnics and finding your keys you lost with your pregnant brain, yes that was three years ago
(miracles happen)
watching your children share
waking up to homemade cinnamon rolls
telling your kid to get dressed and have them come out in a swim suit
watching your oldest find something she HAD to have and then work her little hiney off to earn the money to buy it
and last but not least no cavities at the dentist
Which leads to a funny story. During the girls dentist appointment our dentist asked which city we lived in wondering if we had flouride in our water. I told him we were actually moving next month and found out he had a cabin in the area we are moving and that yes they do have flouride in their water. I came home so excited and told Chris the great news and went off for a long time about how wonderful it was going to be for the girls and how awesome their teeth would be. I finally stopped talking when I realized he was laughing really hard and had to ask what was so funny about having flouride in our water. He then pointed out to me that our water will come from our own well and that unless he is mistaken and the city drives around and adds flouride to every individuals well that we won't have flouride in our water. Yes I'm sure this will be the first story of many as I adjust to this new way of life. One more week to go!!!














1 comment:
Can I come visit you in Montana? (In the summer months of course) I'm pretty jealous that you get to spend your summer months in a place like that. But after the winter I've had here I think ill leave you to the winter months up there :)
Post a Comment