Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Kindergarten

 It's here!  The day we've all been anxiously awaiting.  By anxious I'm referring to me and not Hunt who was cool as a cucumber.  But being the mom I was a nervous wreck and am so glad that first day is over.
 Little miss sleep until ten Hunt was wide awake when I went in to wake her up at seven.  She gobbled down her breakfast, dressed in her new clothes, had her frozen hair-do done, and even had time for a little photo shoot on the porch.  Of course little sis couldn't miss out on the fun of getting pictures taken.  (The H is for home because she wanted to hold a letter and staying at home is pretty awesome.)

 We drove to school and joined all the other parents and kids converging on the school.  She easily found her cubby and put her stuff away, hung up her backpack, picked out a book, took it to her desk, and told me to leave. 

 Which then led to me stumbling out of the school in tears and wondering how my baby got so big and grown up.  Chris got a good laugh out of my pain but was nice enough to buy me breakfast since it was too early for chocolate and bacon is the next best thing.
 Now that a week has past we are all adjusting quite nicely.  Huntley loves spending the day with friends and being so entertained.  Paisley is liking the one on one time with me and the quiet time to play by herself and I'm really loving the fact she takes naps again. 
Although we aren't perfect in this new phase of life and occasionally have a melt down here and there.  Like last Thursday when Hunt wanted us to take her early to school so she could eat breakfast there.  Chris and I just ignored that and poor Huntley was traumatized the next morning when she realized I made her breakfast and it was too late to eat at the school.  Apparently the school was serving cinnamon rolls that day and she really wanted one.  I felt horrible so I had my first ever attempt at making cinnamon rolls from scratch and having them waiting for an after school snack.  She loved it and I loved not feeling like a failure as a mom.  Unfortunately that is now expected and by the end of the year I'm going to have my new cinnamon roll recipe perfected.

No comments: