Last week we had officially lived in Montana for 180 days and that means we are official Montanans. Lucky for Chris this glorious day fell three days before the opening of rifle season and now every post for the next month will probably revolve around hunting since the man bought a tag for every animal he could. Except a bear, I drew a line there and he's not very happy with me but I'm not looking forward to venturing into the bear meat territory, ugh!

Opening day was last Saturday and our little town was packed with people sporting their orange. We don't have any stop lights and I've now decided we need them for two days out of the year, fourth of July and the day before rifle season opens. Since there was so many people, Chris decided he'd wait until this week to actually start hunting. That lasted until about three in the afternoon when he started getting antsy and decided we'd all go for a ride just to see if we could get lucky.
He didn't get lucky like he was hoping, all the deer were on private land and the elk we saw was huge but too far away and too close to daylight, but the girls got lucky. We saw our first herd of wild mustangs and Huntley couldn't stop exclaiming how happy she was and how it was the best day of her life. It was pretty neat and I wish we would have gotten pictures but I think mustangs are more skittish then any other animal I've ever seen in the wild. We only got to glimpse them for a second and then they were gone.

So even though nothing made it to the freezer this trip we still had a pretty great time and loved being out and about. Even if Pais's face says otherwise.

No comments:
Post a Comment