I am thankful for neighbors. Moving has brought us a whole new set of neighbors that has been a little different than our last neighborhood. More like complete opposite. Instead of lots of houses close together and kids running around all of the time we have a lot of space in between our house and theirs and we are the only ones under the age of 60. It's been quite the adjustment but we are grateful for the people we live by. Every single one of them would drop whatever they are doing at a moments notice and come help if I ever needed it. In fact, they created a "neighborhood watch" for me and I have a schedule of who is "on call" in case I go into labor. We live by great people and I'm thankful they are so willing to help but hoping I don't really have to activate their system.
Our "assignment" for today was to do something nice for our neighbors. Since Hunt gets home from school around 3:30 and it's dark at 5 there wasn't a whole lot of time to do much so we figured baked goods are always nice. The girls helped me make banana bread and then we spent the evening taking it around which led to playing with all of our neighbors pets and a late bedtime. The girls were pretty happy about that.

No comments:
Post a Comment