I have a friend who is pretty awesome. So awesome that she throws a breakfast with Santa party every year at her house for all of the kids in the community. It is a small town, but still she lets her house be run over by 50 plus kids and it was complete chaos and she says it's her favorite thing to do every year. Nuts. But I'm glad she's nuts because my girls had a blast.
When we first got there both girls clung to my legs and were constantly on the lookout for Santa. The way they act you'd think the jolly old man was going to snatch them up and throw them in his sack. Luckily after some time and realizing she had friends and her teacher there and Santa was no where in sight Hunt calmed down and turned into her regular social butterfly little self. (I seriously wonder how long it's going to take me to not be weirded out by being at activities with Hunt's teacher and principal.)
We had lots of yummy food, made some ornaments, listened to the principal read stories, sang carols, and then Santa appeared with a reaction from everyone similar to Buddy the Elf except my kids immediately running to me and holding on with a death grip. After a few minutes of watching Hunt realized Santa was giving out presents and the only way she was going to get one was to toughen up and sit on his lap. She lasted approximately five seconds but she did it.
Pais on the other hand still would have nothing to do with him but Santa was nice enough to give me a gift to give to her.
After all of the kids have a chance to sit on Santa's lap they get to open their presents all at once. Hunt got a nerf gun (which is the present I brought and I seriously can't believe the odds of getting our own present when Santa had fifty to choose from.) Paisley got one of those rubberband bracelet loom things. She immediately became extremely popular with all the little girls between the ages of 8-12 who kept trying to get her to trade. Even though she has no idea what it is she held onto it with everything she had because if other people wanted it then it obviously was something worth keeping. Now that it's all said and done I should have encouraged her to switch. Hunt is obsessed with figuring out how to make them and wants me to constantly help her and I am dumb. I can't figure the stinking thing out no matter how many times I read the directions. Six weeks to go until baby and I get a brain again!



1 comment:
Oh my how wonderful!
Post a Comment