Our Christmas this year was pretty low key. Sort of. Since we are now down to four weeks before little man joins our family I didn't really feel like packing up and traveling anywhere so we decided to have our first Montana Christmas.
The girls were so excited for Santa to come Huntley started asking if she could go to bed around 6. Luckily we were able to put her off until 7:30 and then she woke up at 11 extremely excited that Santa had came. (She barely missed Santa.)
Seven 'o' clock the next morning some very excited little girls woke us up and couldn't believe all of the presents under the tree. We opened gifts, facetimed with family, and tried to make our very own knock off Kneaders breakfast. I only nailed the syrup which I guess is okay since that's the best part.
The rest of the day the girls played with toys, Chris spent the day running in and out of the house chasing a couple coyotes that kept teasing him, and I cooked and cleaned and wondered what the heck I was thinking when I invited 16 people over for Christmas dinner. Afterwards it was worth the work and I'm really glad we've made such good friends to help us celebrate our first Christmas here.
The one thing I asked for out of the day was I wanted to take a family picture. We seriously struggle and from now on I'm just going to insist on "funny face" pictures since they are the only ones that semi-turnout. At least I have something to remember this day with my favorite people.







No comments:
Post a Comment