Wednesday, March 25, 2015

10

10 years ago Chris and I were in Jackson Hole on our honeymoon.  I love Jackson Hole and I love him so it was a pretty great week.  During that time we imagined what our lives would be like 10 years from now and planned how it would be so great to go on an Alaskan fishing trip to celebrate 10 years of marriage.  As the years went by and a few kids came we changed our minds and decided the perfect way to celebrate 10 years would be by sitting by ourselves on a beach not having to do a thing.

Fast forward 10 years and we've actually reached the much anticipated milestone in our marriage.  Life has happened during that time, we moved during the past year, job loss, and the minor detail of being attached to a baby, so there was no way to make our trip happen this year.  Chris being the amazing husband he is (amazingly crazy!) channeled his inner Johnny Lingo and bought me three goats for our anniversary.  He was pretty proud of himself for making me a three goat wife.  He obvious didn't remember the movie very well because it was cows and Mahana got ten but it's the thought that counts.  And I'm sure this summer when I can lay on a lawn chair in my yard doing nothing because the goats will eat all the weeds, I'll be more grateful for the goats than a Hawaiian vacation. 

No comments: