Sunday, May 15, 2016

2016~18 & 19

 
Since last Sunday was mothers day and also the week after I switched back to working full time, I did absolutely nothing.  So here we have two weeks of May adventures.
Week one's Monday started off with some beautiful weather.  We took advantage of it and headed up to Axolotl Lakes for a family home evening hike.
This isn't the most flattering picture of myself but Mav on the other hand melted my heart in it.  The look he has on his face makes all the hard work and sacrifice of motherhood worth it.


Tuesday night I had church meetings and since Pais was pretty upset we wouldn't let her jump in the lake the night before Chris made up for it by letting them run through the sprinklers.


Chris and I have started waking up way too early to make sure we are able to fit in our workouts.  I do interval stuff in the spare room and he goes for a run and watches the sun come up. 
Wednesday morning was muffins for moms and I didn't get my dates mixed up this year and actually made it.  I don't think Hunt will ever let me live down missing last year.
Thursday night the kids and I had fun playing outside in the sunshine.


Friday Sparkles made his debut at Hunt's school.
That night we took the kids to the Jungle Book where Mav lasted about 10 minutes before he and I got to spend the rest of the night staring at the candy counter.
 Saturday morning I had to go to Bozeman for a primary activity and ran by Costco to pick up some diapers.  Hunt really wanted her picture taken in front of them and who am I to argue with that.
Saturday night I had to babysit the Chandler kids and poor Sparkles was given a bath in a bucket of motor oil.
And I cleaned up 5 million messes.
Throughout all this Chris was out chasing bears around the woods.


Sunday Chris let me sleep in and cooked me a pretty awesome salmon dinner.  We spent the night enjoying the sunshine out on the deck. 
Good thing we took advantage of the nice weather because the next day we got a ton of snow.
I cried.  But it does look pretty.
The below picture doesn't do justice for the story I'm about to tell but it's all true.  Chris was working in Big Sky and checking one of his generators on the side of the road.  He heard a noise, looked up, and saw a calf moose running down the road.  Not long after that a grizzly bear goes running down the road right after it and they both disappear.  He tried driving around town to see if he could find them but didn't have any luck.  Apparently he needs to start carrying bear spray when working up there.
The next day he had to deal with a lot of local traffic on the road.
Me on the other hand, the only exciting thing I ever get to see on my way to work is when the guy that lives by the bus stops pigs get loose.
 Huntley had her spring concert on Wednesday and had to dress up in a poodle skirt.  Of course Pais had to have one too.
Saturday morning Pais had t-ball.  In typical Pais fashion she cried the whole time but Mav loved it.
She never cries when doing chores outside with Chris so maybe we'll just stick to that.

Chris's birthday was also Saturday and instead of going hunting he spent the whole day with us and even tilled my garden.  I love this guy and so do those three little kids.
The taxidermist finished last years bear just in time for the best birthday present ever.  And also a great way for him to terrify unsuspecting children.
 He's a keeper.  The guy.  Not the bear.  Although I guess it's here to stay too.

No comments: