Sunday, May 22, 2016

2016~20

Monday we started our week off with a project.  I love the inside of our house but the outside is another story.  It's weird and in the two years we've lived here only one person has came to our actual front door.  Leading to the actual front door is a rock pathway and I figured since it doesn't get any use I'd tear it out and put in a bunch of planters.  We had the neighbor kids over so I set them up with some paints and figured they'd all happily paint the rocks while I moved them.  Why does nothing ever go how I envision it?
 
 
  I maybe filled up half a wheel barrow before the rest of the night turned into making sure Mav didn't overdose on paint.
 Tuesday Huntley had a field trip to the dinosaur museum.  The downside of a small school is you have to be really on the ball to sign up and get to actually go on field trips.  I was not this person but luckily my good friend was and she sent me pictures throughout the day.
 
 
 That night the girls rode.  Pais is finally back in the saddle but only on Rookie because Hank "bonks" her off.  Poor Hank will never live down the fact he moved when Pais wasn't paying attention.
 Mav had fun trying to figure out the hose and dancing on the well house.
 
 I also attempted moving more rocks but ended up giving wheelbarrow rides instead.  My goal is to have the planters in before the kids move out.
Thursday at work I got the unfortunate job of unpacking the pelt and skull shipment.   Chris got the unfortunate job of being text pictures and having to tell me what kind of dead animal it was.
 Friday the rain came back but that didn't stop these crazy Montana kids from playing outside.  Except Mav.  He had to watch from the window.
 Don't worry though.  He had his fun when they all decided to do a dog pile on Penelope and he just happened to be carrying around a pirate sword and went to town on them. 
 Friday night I went out with the girls.  Sugar High, a chick flick, good conversation, and not having to share my oreo shake made for a great night but the best part was coming out of the movie to a torrential downpour and a river running down main street.  Poor Halsey couldn't ruin her suede shoes so the rest of us got to die laughing at Andrea's attempts to put her in the car.
 Saturday it rained and rained and rained.  The girls had a birthday party and the rest of us got to help a friend move.  Afterwards we came home and changed into pj's and stayed inside. Besides Chris who went chasing bears around the woods and still hasn't gotten one. 
 The good thing about the rain is when it clears up Montana's big skies shine through like nothing else.
 This little buddy loves waking up at 5:30 in the morning and having quality cuddle time. 
 And a picture of the one remaining cat.  I give it a few days before we are cat less again.  Then I give up and we'll just start naming the mice.
 

No comments: