Sunday, April 2, 2017

2017-12&13

This one is going to be a whopper.  Get a snack.
Monday was Huntley's "snow day" make-up day.  Like they'd ever give us a snow day.
Chris took the day off and we went to Museum of the Rockies.
 I think my kids could set a record on how fast they can get through a museum.  
It was a really neat museum and big but we still managed to finish in two hours flat.  
And that's with hitting up the interactive children's exhibit twice.
Museums, zoos, aquariums; we never spend the time to make me feel like we get our money's worth.
I'll quit complaining though because it was still really fun to go do something out of the ordinary as a family.
And to make the outing even better we got breakfast at Nova after.  It's probably a really good thing Nova is all the way in Bozeman.
Before we headed home we had to hit up Costco and sit on the latest furniture display.
Poor buddy is still stuck in the cart and can't run around like a crazy person like his sisters.
Tuesday night was actually nice so we were able to shoot outside.
And start all the spring chores of fixing things.
And torture the poor cat.  
Wednesday the neighbors came for a play date.  The girls actually played and the boys helped me bake.
Eventually I kicked them all outside to actually enjoy the sun while it was shining.
Mav refused to come in when everyone else did and hung out in his fort by himself for half an hour.
When I finally did get him inside he crashed.
Thursday we had waffles for dinner!!!!  Our waffle iron broke a year ago and we've really missed waffles.
Friday I had to go back to Bozeman for a doctors appointment and finally got Mav's birth certificate.  He seems pretty happy about that.  
I figured completing a task that took me two years to do was cause for a celebration so we went to corner bakery.  
Pais got a cinnamon roll, Mav a cookie, and me oatmeal figuring I'd get to eat some of their leftovers.  They ate every single bite, stinkers.  
Hunt and I were leaving for a girls weekend so Chris told Pais they could so something special.  She chose having "spicy" chicken for dinner and was so excited she refused to let go of the box the whole drive home from Bozeman.
We ordered kettle bells for the gym.  The UPS man now hates us.
Saturday morning Hunt and I left early for Salt Lake with Andrea and Elsie.
Meanwhile, back home Chris fed Mav oreos for breakfast.   
Once we got to Salt Lake we spent some time checking out City Creek.  
And then walked around Temple Square in the rain.
The weather was definitely not in our favor for this trip.
I still really did enjoy having one on one time with Hunt.

We were able to meet up with some of our Montana friends that have moved.
The Laurence's were the ones who really welcomed us to Montana when we first moved and I miss hanging out with Hillary.

My mom and Kristi also came up and met us for the conference.  
Ma was the lucky one to keep Hunt entertained during the meeting.  In Hunt's defense she actually did a million times better than I thought she would do and she only asked me "how much longer is this" a few times.
See those seats, it's the first time I've ever actually been on the floor and not in the balcony.
And now we get to Hunt's favorite part of the trip, eating cheetos in bed.
Back at home, Chris and the littles went fishing.
This little Paisley girl seriously melts my heart.  (In between moments of driving me crazy)
This week was more of a normal week.  
Pais had a field trip on Wednesday so Mav and I had a day to ourselves for the first time ever in his life.  
We trashed the house.
And now I'm kind of excited for the days when it's just the two of us next year while the girls are at school.  
One of the dad's at Pais's school tags along when they do fun things and takes awesome pictures for.
Pais and Odie are the same age but Odie makes Pais look like a giant.
She got to ride the bus all the way to Bozeman.  They only had to stop twice for potty breaks.  I'm pretty glad I wasn't on that bus.
When they finally made it, they went to the Children's museum.  


Friday night we had our semi-monthly date with Costco.  Churro's for the win.
Saturday morning Pais built a barn inside.
And then we all went outside and worked on the chicken coop.
The only thing I cared about in the chicken coop was that it had a nice floor.  
That was the one thing Chris could care less about but he built it anyways.  He loves me.  
We took a break halfway through the day to go see the bus driver's baby goats.  
Mav had fun terrorizing their chickens.  
Until he made the mistake of stopping by the chicken food and they all surrounded him.  
I seriously love the look of terror on his face.  
Isn't that floor beautiful.  
Hunt was a pretty good helper too.  
And one day during the past week Chris went shed hunting and actually found one.    
Hopefully the weather man is wrong and we have a lot more pictures like this for the next week.  

No comments: