Two weeks again. Why do I do this to myself. And throw a holiday in there, we've got a million pictures.
Our Monday daddy day was another fishing trip. They have yet to catch a fish but I think they still have fun.
It was an extra long daddy day since I went straight from one job to the next.
Luckily dad is able to come up with challenges too and they planked all over the house.
Wednesday was my day off. We did chores. No wonder the kids like Chris's day off better.
Pais and some of her cute friends at school.
Thursday night we went and helped the Thompson's clean out Cleo's house.
The kids had a blast with the hand trucks.
And even better we took all of Cleo's old food storage and the chickens are set for a really long time.
Service with a smile. We love President Thompson.
Thursday Pais got to hang out with me at work in the morning. She had her first modeling gig and doubled the normal number of likes on the Shedhorn Facebook page.
She also had Kindergarten roundup and totally rocked it. She's normally a little sensitive and likes to be with mom at all times so I was super impressed and proud when she went off with Mrs. Graden without any tears.
School let out at noon for spring break so Hunt spent the second half of the day with me at work.
Friday night popcorn and a movie.
Saturday was the Lion's club Easter egg hunt where our kids were lucky enough to be in three different age groups.
Pais was with me and spent the first few minutes of the hunt helping her buddy Conner who tripped and fell.
Mav and Chris totally dominated the 3 and under age group.
Hunt went with her friend Brooke and they were the youngest of the oldest age group but were still able to hold their own and found a few eggs.
Hunt's favorite part was holding Link at the end.
Mary Ann and Jeffrey came down and brought Easter treats and a really nice sugar high.
And since the girls had already colored eggs earlier that day at Brooke's house we just gave them our eggs and some stickers and told them to have fun.
The Easter bunny brought some little live pets.
I totally thought the hedgehogs were going to be so cool but they already broke.
We should have stuck with the birds.
Cutest little Easter crew already for church. Compliments of their personal stylist Nini.
After church we went to my bosses house for an Easter party.
Tony took the kids for rides in the razor.
Mav surprised me and was actually really good about keeping his earplugs in. It made me want to call him Shrek all night.
He had a blast finding the biggest dirt piles and running down the road.
And he got lots of attention from all the older ladies all night long.
Mini Shrek hydrating.
Huntley got in on the firearm action.
She really liked shooting the little pistol and now we have one more gun to add to the list of guns we "need."
Mav and his new best buddy Wyatt.
And when it was time to go home these kids crashed hard.
Week two: Monday's fishing adventure ended up getting rained out really fast.
By the time I got off work the rain had cleared out and we were able to ride bikes while Chris made dinner.
I really like going to work and coming home to dinner being made. Chris is awesome. And so is watching Pais cuddle with the cat who isn't into cuddling.
The kids were also able to play in the world's largest sand box.
Wednesday we got to watch our adopt-a-baby Link for a few hours.
That night we helped clean up the outside of the church.
And had a BBQ.
Friday I had my first goat milking lesson. I couldn't get it in the pail to save my life.
We also got to meet the two newest babies. Mav chases them around like a crazy person.
Pais on the other hand is so soft and sweet with them, which probably explains why they let her hold them and run as far as they can from Mav.
We were given a new couch and had to do some furniture rearranging. Now Mav can pet Wilbur. He can't run away.
We also went back to Cleo's and helped clean out some more stuff.
My nerdy dreams came true and Jo let me have all of Cleo's old canning jars. I'm so excited for summer now and filling all these up.
Three little monkeys waiting for the bus.
Friday night Chris and I went on a date turkey hunting.
The plan was to sit in the tree stand and let the turkeys walk by us and I shoot one. It would have been a good plan if I dared let go of the tree to draw my bow but I'm a wimp.
In my defense it was really high. So instead we sat on the ground and since my hunting partner has hunting ADD every turkey that came by spotted us.
Saturday was sunny for a couple hours. Mav wasn't into me doing chores so he got stuck on my back.
Chris went bear hunting and I was the nice wife who sent him pictures of the awesome dinner she was eating with out him. Cauliflower crust is so much better when you actually use cheese. After doing two Whole 30's my honest opinion is if I had to choose between sugar and cheese I'd pick cheese in a heartbeat.
Huntley wanted to do something fun that night so we ate dinner on the floor.
Tonight we babysat for one of Chris's buddies. Mav refused to wear a shirt and when Nyla went home she rubbed his belly good bye. Funniest thing ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment