Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back to Work

I survived my first week back at work. Ever since Huntley was born I have been dreading this week. Luckily it wasn't as bad as I had been anticipating. During the winter Chris and I have our schedules so that one of us will be able to stay home with Huntley at all times but this weekend Chris had trips so I needed to find a babysitter. Luckily my mom was willing to come stay, with her which helped a ton. I didn't have to cry as much but let me tell you there have been a lot of tears shed over this matter. I'd much rather be a stay at home mom but since I'm the one with the benefits it wasn't going to be possible. Fortunately I have a great place to work. I'd planned on Huntley having to have bottles while I was gone but I have the best boss. Since I live right next to my work, my mom was able to bring her up every time she was hungry and my boss would cover my position. So now I get to see my little girl all day long while I'm working. Since winter is coming things also slow down a lot and there isn't as many hours. I was asked if it would be all right if I cut back on my hours, of course!!! So now I'm only going to have to work about 16 hours a week. I'm so glad everything has worked out so well and I'll pretty much still get to be with Huntley all of the time. Plus it's only a few more years until Chris is done with school and I can become a full time mommy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I loved every minute that I had with her!!