Thursday, January 19, 2012

Little Momma

Poor Pais is dealing with the brunt of the illness at our house. It makes for long days and nights with a little girl who doesn't feel good and just wants to be held. It also makes things really dull for her big sister who gets stuck in front of the TV all day. I came up with a brilliant solution and told Huntley to find her baby because it was sick and she needed to help it feel better. This was her idea of care.

Who knew swimming could cure ear infections. Never would have thought of that.


Huntley is really good at taking care of everyone. She's the number one "fetch it" and always runs to go get tissues, binkies, blankies, and booger suckers. Last night she was sleeping in our bed while Chris and I took shifts taking care of Paisley during the night. I didn't feel very well and went into go to sleep and was a tad bit emotional. It must have woke her up because soon I hear a quiet little voice say "Jess, come here I hold you." It made me feel better. Then it really made me feel better when 45 minutes later she told me she couldn't hold me anymore because her arms were cold. I love my little momma.

3 comments:

sisterwendy said...

This brought a tear to my eyes :') What a sweet little momma you are raising! She is so compassionate because she has learned it from the good examples around her xoxoxoxoxoxo

Kira Dee said...

So dang cute!! I love that she called you Jess. That would have made me feel better too :)

Anonymous said...

Aaaaawwwwwww! Too cute! Hope everyone feels better soon!