Monday, June 25, 2012

One of those days

Yesterday was not a good day. In fact it was the kind that was no good horrible makes you want to move to Australia, or in my case Monterey, kind of days. Life after vacation usually is like that and I should have known it would be that way when they confiscated my precious chowder going through security at the airport. Anyone with me on thinking chowder is not a liquid, it's chowder! Things didn't get much better upon landing on Utah soil.

The day we left for California the city was working on our water lines so the water was shut off. One of our sinks was in the on position and since we weren't around when the water was turned back on it ran for the whole week and a half. Luckily I'll be able to use the money I saved by turning the AC off to pay for the water bill. The downside of having the AC off was our house was hotter than the Sahara desert and it took until 2 before it was cool enough to sleep in.

The dogs must have really missed us because they woke up at 6 and wanted to play. I wasn't in the mood for that so I just let them roam the backyard while I did some last minute lesson prep. They entertained themselves by making a bed out of my corn stalks. Around 10 Huntley woke up and wanted to play with her puppies. I let her outside to discover Maze was missing. I loaded both girls up and drove around looking for her with out any luck.

We attempted church but didn't last long. I was in the hallway with Hunt before the opening hymn was even finished. She wouldn't calm down for anything so by the time sacrament was over all three of us left in tears. We drove around for a few more hours before I went and had a pity party for myself at my moms and drowned my sorrows in nibs.

Before dark we took one last drive and then gave up and came home to put the girls in bed. Chris actually got to call that night and boy did I need some reinforcement from him. We talked about all the places I should look in the morning for the dog when he said he had a dumb idea and wanted to know if I'd checked the garage. I told him that was dumb but checked anyways and found Maze chilling in the bike stroller. I wasted half a tank of gas looking for a dog who was in my garage the whole time.

Luckily at this time a friend showed up with the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever eaten and I was able to have a nice chat and get happy again. Today went much better and if we are lucky Colorado might release our daddy and let us see him tomorrow. It can't get any better than that.

Now for a few more Va-cay pics. Oh how I miss California!

No comments: