Chris is a great guy but guy is the key word there. When it comes to holidays I usually have my version of how I would like things to play out which is similar to fireworks and him having his love proclaimed to me in clouds coming out of a plane. Then there is the actual version which in reality is great but I usually feel kind of let down since it's not a huge thoughtful love proclaiming gesture. We both think differently. One time I spent hours writing all of the reasons I loved him on sticky notes and then arranging the sticky notes to spell "I love you" on the wall. He liked it but probably would have felt as much love if not more if I had bought him a $5 hot and ready. It's too bad we couldn't switch brains occasionally and be able to actually see and give what the other person wanted.
Lucky for me this mothers day Chris was gone. Lucky, you say, that's lame you don't have anyone to show you love, but after this weekend I think him being gone is the way to go on Mother's day. My only expectation going into the day was a candy bar at church and if I was lucky Hunt would actually get up and sing with the primary kids during sacrament meeting. I was surprised with so much more!
We start off the weekend with Paisley waking up Saturday morning and being extra super duper lovey dovey and wanting to snuggle. Not normal. The kid loves to eat and usually the first thing out of her mouth when I pull her out of the crib is "FEED ME!!!!" Not really but pretty darn close so the hugs and kisses had to be documented.
The rest of the day was spent at Grandma Phillips's house where we had fun with all of our girl cousins scrubbing until her house sparkled. Cleaning probably shouldn't be considered an enjoyable way to spend the day but it was actually really nice. My girls were entertained by cousins and I spent a few consecutive hours speaking with adults. That's not a normal occurrence during this time of the year!
Afterwards my awesome Aunt Susie took all of us girls and Grandpa to lunch. Paisley stole my salad and cookie but how could you stop a baby who gets excited about lettuce from eating it. I hope she keeps up her awesome eating habits.
That night we got to go party at the Nelson's for Kristi's birthday. The girls had a blast playing on the trampoline and driving the little truck all over the yard. Kristi has perfected her bundt cake skills and so I had a blast eating the best cake ever.
We came home and it was way past bedtime but since we have 9'o'clock church bath's were a must. During the bath Huntley told me she wanted rollers in her hair which is weird since she typically hates them so we ended up having a late night hair do party.
That ended up being a good thing because at 10:30 we had a knock on the door. One of my awesome friends felt bad I didn't have a husband so she made me breakfast which Hunt and I ate as a midnight snack.
The next morning as we were walking out the door we found another surprise of flowers. Then later on we were surprised with cake. I seriously have the best friends ever. As a funny side note Hunt was extremely disappointed when she woke up today and there wasn't any surprises left on our doorstep.
To end the day we were able to facetime with Nini, eat dinner with Ma, and play with Grandma Phillips.
And yes I did get my candy bar and Hunt even sang with the primary choir.








1 comment:
That pic of the girls with curlers in their hair looks slightly familiar. Pretty sure your mom has one of you and/or kris that looks a lot like it.
Post a Comment