When we picked the truck up I seriously underestimated how long the walk was from the train station to his work. Luckily Kristi lives in between the two so we were able to have a pit stop at her house. This time I prepared better, snacks, drinks, and books.
What I didn't prepare for was the fact Pais would insist on walking a mile of the trail and we'd miss the train I was trying to catch. So during our 40 minute wait at the station we drank squeeze-it's and ate an entire bag of Chicken-in-a-biscuit. I sound prepared right? Um, no. By the time the next train arrived it was dark and a little cooler than our attire permitted. Luckily our house is only 10 minutes from the train station so we got home really fast but I still ended the outing feeling like a horrible mom. I guess hopeful the third times the charm!

No comments:
Post a Comment