I've realized I can only handle two weeks of being by myself. I do great and can function pretty close to normal but after the two week period I just get emotional. I'm glad we only have two weeks more to go until training is over. But since I'm just a little down waiting for that time to go by I haven't felt like we've really done anything so I haven't blogged. I don't even really take pictures and then when I do I get on instagram and turn them all to grayscale. No one really wants to hear about me being down so I don't post. Until Chris lets me know it's been awhile. So here's the update from the last week. It started out with Hunt and I taking turns in the following position.
Not fun. At least Pais didn't get it and spent the day trying to take care of us by bringing us things in her shopping cart. She's a good little nurse.
Luckily it passed quickly and we recovered in time for the best semi-annual meal of the year, conference Sunday dinner. I think I must be weird since I'm the only one of my siblings who faithfully shows up to this, but seriously, it's better than Thanksgiving.
Later on that week we attempted the movies much to the dismay of the poor man who got stuck sitting next to Paisley. She loved him. Unfortunately he didn't return her love and spent the entire time avoiding eye contact with her even though she spent the entire time trying to climb in his lap. But we did make it through the entire movie without having to take her out. Victory!!!!
Another highlight of the week was my cousin Jandy got married. The only picture I took of this event was Huntley licking her plate clean at the reception. Yes, the food was good.
Saturday was potato digging day. Paisley slept through it and Huntley conveniently decided to go on an adventure with Scott but Russell and Della sure had fun finding potatoes.
That night I got bored around 8:30 and decided the kitchen needed to be painted. The girls did a fine job of driving the Home Depot racer in their jammies.
That crazy idea also ended up being genius because the girls practically painted the kitchen themselves. Church the next morning was rough and we had to sit in the back so the girls could eat breakfast during sacrament meeting. Next time I'll put them to bed in their dresses so we get an extra five minutes of sleep.
2 comments:
oh, I'm sorry. I hope training goes by fast! Its hard being a single parent.
I made the blog!! Glad Huntley liked the food :) Also, I loved you guys' "original card" !! Its definitely going in the wedding scrapbook :)
Post a Comment