History happened this weekend.
For the fist time since Huntley was born it finally worked out for Grandpa to come to town. Nini comes to visit us lots but having grandpa come was a different story and the girls loved it. How could you not when he builds fires and watches Croods over and over with you.
Unfortunately the main part of Grandpa's visit was to help on the house. Particularly to get rid of the ugly floor that three years ago I said was the first thing that needed to be done. Next time we buy a house I'm not saying anything about the thing I hate the most in case it takes forever to go away too.
Since Grandpa worked the girls figured they better learn how to be handy around the house too. If you ever need a light switch cover installed by a princess, Huntley is your girl!
By the end of the weekend our floor went from the nastiness above to this beautiful creation. I am in love!

And since we're kind of cheap around here we paid grandpa in cookies. Pais may or may not have dumped several teaspoonfulls of salt in the dough while I was taking this picture but Grandpa was nice and ate them anyways.
2 comments:
Wow!! Your floor is beautiful!! That's so great!
I love your new wood floor and the color/design of your cabinets!!
Post a Comment