Saturday, August 16, 2014

Headed to the County Fair

Well, there's a full moon in the western sky
 And there's magic in the air
 Ain't nothin I know of, can make you fall in love
 Like a night at the county fair.
 Except for the fact we went during the day and Hunt falling in love with millions of animals probably isn't what Chris Ledoux had in mind when he wrote that song.  Either way we still loved the county fair and had a blast today exploring.
 Our county isn't very big so the fair was pretty small and was just your typical 4-H animals, fried food, a building with quilts, paintings, and canned stuff that the girls refused to go in, and a few bounce houses.  There was even a playground with this awesome old school slide that burned your bum. 
 Their was two older gentleman who had a tent setup and were helping kids make rockets and shoot them off.  I think they secretly got a kick out of watching the rockets scare the crap out of people walking by and they ended up being my favorite people ever.  They sat with Hunt and helped her color flowers all over her rocket and didn't mind one bit that she wanted to launch it over and over and over. 
 I got to rest and crack up at my other little munchkin who told me she doesn't like Pepsi and then end up trying to get every last drop out of the can. 
 Luckily we hit the bounce house up after that and she was able to burn off all of the energy in her little body.  So much energy she bounced into a wall and gave herself a bloody nose.  At which point I was yelling for Hunt to get out so we could leave but the little stink hid so she wouldn't have too.  It's probably a good thing my kids are at their worst when other people are around so I have to hold it together and not scream like a raving lunatic. 
 Luckily she eventually came out, Pais got cleaned up, and a nice lady gave the girls the balloons from the car show as we were leaving.
Although I really could use that Pepsi right about now :)

No comments: