Life never ceases to amaze me how fast it can change.
Monday we spent the day together as a family finishing up our 14 straight days of daddy time. Chris left during the night and it was a really hard adjustment for the girls to go to bed and be used to having dad around to waking up and it's just mom.

It was hard for me to and I really didn't want to deal with daily life so I figured we'd wait until tomorrow to do that and go to the beach instead. That was a great idea. We had the beach to ourselves so we got the best sand castle building spot and set to work having a great day. Until a giant thunderstorm rolled through and we ended up back home facing the chores we'd tried to avoid.
Our next two weeks are pretty low key. I wanted to keep it that way since school starts up soon and I figured it would be good for us to start working on a more normal routine. Since they are slower I decided I'd use Pais's love for ice cream and convince her to start using the potty. After an extremely long discussion, she is way to smart for her own good, I finally convinced her that it is okay to be a big girl and she'd try and wear the panties that are taking up extra space in her dresser. The kid seriously rocked it and went the whole day without any accidents and using the bathroom like she has been doing it her whole life. Life was looking great and she really wanted that ice cream cone so we went and got them instead of waiting the week like I'd originally told her. Of course as soon as we got home she peed all over my couch.

None of these things have really been that dramatic or really that big of a deal I just couldn't sleep at night and was thinking about how life really can change fast. You never know what tomorrow will bring. It was a good reminder to me to appreciate the here and now.

1 comment:
Thank you for your late night pondering I really could use them. I love the store of Pais it fits her and her personality. I also wish we weren't all sick do I could be there talking to you in person.
Post a Comment