Saturday, August 23, 2014

It's Raining, It's Pouring

 This week has been one nonstop, constant down pour.  I miss seeing the mountains out the window and I'm feeling a little anxious for when winter comes.  Supposedly summer is coming back next week and I'm glad.  I'm extremely glad we spent our only sunny day on Monday to our advantage and had fun at the lake.  What I wouldn't give for a book, a lawn chair, and little girl giggles right now.



 Instead we are stuck inside trying to use our imaginations and organizing.  The rain is good for making me get all of Hunt's clothes ready for school and forcing me to face all the clothes I don't fit into in my closet.  The girls were awesome about helping me model my maternity clothes.
 And when we get to the point where we just can't take being inside anymore we put on our boots and jackets and stomp around in the mud.  The girls have been dieing to see if there really are potatoes growing under the potato plants so we decided to find out.  Hooray there was and boo apparently some other critter has also been enjoying them and half of them were nibbled on.  I can't win with animals and my garden this year.
 We also played with chalk and now I won't play with chalk in the sun ever again.  It works so much better in the rain and the chalk doesn't feel so chalky on your fingers.  I really hate that feeling.
 We also have been putting our basketball hoop to use.  Hunt even made two baskets last night and Pais just likes to hang on the rim.  No the weather isn't anywhere as dreadful as winter is going to be but I really can't wait until our good friend Mr. Sun comes back to play.

1 comment:

Aubrey Smith said...

I love wet chalk! I also love all of your posts, pictures and adorable girls! Counting down till you're in town next week!