While Nini was here we ventured out on our first camping trip since becoming Montanans. I figured that was a big deal and deserved a post on it's own. Especially since I went without Chris. (Although we went with our friends from Church so I did have plenty of help so it's really not that impressive, but still, pregnant lady, two kids, and their grandma, that's semi-impressive.)
Pais on the other hand was kind of a little stinker. Actually more of a big stinker and spent the entire time saying "hold me." I don't know what her deal was considering she took over my air mattress during the night and had a great nights sleep.
As for me, I survived! I actually did have a really good time and loved the experience other than I didn't sleep the entire night. It was my first time camping in "grizzly country" and being in areas with big huge bears is still intimidating to me. I actually wasn't too worried until I heard about the sow and her cubs that lived across the road from where we were camping and occasionally they had to shut the area down when she decided it was where she felt like being. Of course my tent and the side I was sleeping on was closest to where she'd last been spotted so the whole night I kept thinking about how I was first in line for being bear bait. Yes, I'm seriously the biggest wimp. Next time I'll sleep just fine though when I can make Chris be first line of defense.


1 comment:
Hold up.... Pregnant lady?! How'd I miss this?! Congrats! Thats super exciting! And Im jealous (as always) of your Montana adventures!
Post a Comment