Ever since we bought the horses the main question I've gotten has been "how are you handling it?" My answer has always been they are the easiest animals we've ever owned. They don't escape and hang out at the Chinese restaurant across town, they don't sneak in your garden and peck holes in all of your tomatoes, they don't follow you around the entire time you're outside "quacking" and make you want to lose your mind, and so far I haven't ended up in the emergency room as the result of them. I absolutely love them.
Until last weekend and I got to experience my first ever pooper scooper duty. Right before Paisley was born we had 3 dogs and 6 puppies and I remember one day I spent what I thought was forever picking up poop and then sent Chris a really lovely message on facebook about how I was his wife and not the dog poop picker-upper and if he wanted that many dogs he needed to quit fire and take care of them. Poor guy got a lot of those crazy messages that fire season. Now that I've had to deal with picking up a week's worth of horse crap I don't think the dogs were that bad. Horse poop is large and stinky and no matter how many times Paisley exclaimed "we're real cowgirls now!!!" it was not fun.




1 comment:
Jessica -- Our kids have helped out our neighbor (who happens to have anywhere between 10-12 horses all of the time) more times than I could ever count. They LOVE it, too! She pays Ryjel $1.00 per stall and he goes every other Friday, and he fills in for other boys, too. Aneeqa used to do it all of the time for free. She now uses boys in our Ward. You are in Primary, so I'm sure you could create a schedule and would not have to pay the kids either. Just announce in Primary that every single day at 4:00 (or whatever time you want) that anyone who comes to help you "scoop poop" will get to ride the horses afterward. It has been EXTREMEMLY SUCCESSFUL for our neighbor, and in our Ward, for longer than I can remember. ♥ Good luck!
Post a Comment