Some weeks are a lot harder than others and last week was definitely one of those. Wednesday when I was feeding animals I noticed Tiny wasn't his usual pain in the rear self. He was pretty demanding around feeding time. I called Chris, who told me if he was still acting funny in the morning to call the vet and get him checked out. Unfortunately he didn't make it to morning and we had to say good bye to our buddy after three short months.
This combined with a few other not so positive things happening and I was a mess. I was constantly crying and feeling down. Luckily I have the best examples in my little girls of how to "cowboy up" and deal with life. After finding out her horse had died Hunt shed a few tears and then grabbed her shovel so she could go start burying him. Luckily the neighbors and our home teacher were willing to take care of that not so pleasant task. Later on I was able to witness such a tender moment between my two girls. Paisley gave Huntley a hug and let her know she was sorry her horse had died. Huntley returned the hug and said it would be okay because Tiny had came to earth to get his body and now it was time for him to go to heaven and we'd see him again someday. Of course the whole thing made me cry even more but it was happy tears for my girls and what good people they are turning into.
We'll miss you Tiny and hope you're able to eat hay to your hearts content in heaven.




2 comments:
Oh no! So sorry. :9
What a great tribute! You are an amazing mom! Your girls are so precious!
Post a Comment