Sunday, April 12, 2015

Stinking Goats

This is one of those stories were I share one of my faults and weaknesses.  Typically I try not to share these kind of stories because who wants to admit when they do things they shouldn't but this one besides making me reflect on my parenting skills also makes me laugh really hard.

Huntley recently started playing softball which means we spend a lot of time at the park.  The other day we were heading out the door and I had to take care of the animals.  During the day we stake the oldest goat out to eat weeds and the other goats stay near the tied up one.  When we first got them we were just letting them roam but after my tulips, the Christmas lights and several other things fell victim to them so now we keep them tied up.  Maze also needs to be tied up but we only have the one stake.  I didn't have enough time to tie Maze and put the goats back in their pen so I figured the goats coud wander the two hours we'd be gone and if more tulips were sacrificed it was worth it to not have Hunt show up late.

As soon as I got to the park my neighbor called saying the goats were in her yard and wondered if I wanted her to catch them.  I told her not to worry about it since they aren't the easiest to catch.  By the time we got home they had moved on even farther and were a couple miles down the road.  We drove down there and for the next 45 minutes I proceeded to catch one goat and put it in the truck only to have it jump out and run away by the time I could get the other one.  Luckily Chris got home from work and relieved me from the impossible task of goat wrangling.

Now here comes the part I should be ashamed of but can't help but laugh at.  The next day Pais was quietly playing with her farm animals when I heard her say "get in the damn truck you stinking goat."  Apparently she was reenacting our goat wrangling of the day before and in my frustration I must have let some words slip out I didn't mean for her to hear.  I guess I really need to start watching my language or better yet my husband needs to quit buying me animals.

3 comments:

Aubrey Smith said...

Hahaha I love this story!

Grandma Doni said...

You are amazing! WOW!

Chantal Marie said...

I wasn't aware that you even knew any cuss words. Ha! I love this because I can't even tell you how many times my kids have repeated the lovely words that I let slip in front of them.