Thursday, April 23, 2015

Goose

Maverick was named after Top Gun.  When Chris first suggested it I thought he was a weirdo and immediately shot it down.  Especially when he pointed out how awesome it would be to have another kid and name it Goose.  Fast forward to the middle of the night after Mav's birth when he and I were awake in a hospital room getting to know each other.  All of the names I was partial to didn't seem quite right and Maverick just fit but there was no way I was having another one to be his wingman and had the brilliant idea of getting Mav a dog in a couple years to fulfill that role.  Chris was all for that and when his buddy's dog had puppies last month Goose came to join our family a lot sooner than I had planned.  At least he is really good at entertaining Pais all day long and making Hunt the most popular kid on her softbal team.





3 comments:

Grandma Doni said...

Yea!! Paisley is smiling in pictures again!

Jandy Humble said...

Such a cute puppy!

Chantal Marie said...

A new born and a puppy? You are a brave brave woman. Good thing they are both so stinking cute!
PS. I LOVE Mavericks name! Like really really love it.