Saturday, January 20, 2018

2018-2

The other day one of my friends sent me a picture of a calendar she found, Goats in Trees.  I decided I wanted to make my own and here's the cover photo.  Chestnut looking fly.
 Monday's family home evening consisted of training our children to be future cirque du soleil performers.
 
 It may or may not have ended up with Mav in a dress.  Which actually came in pretty handy when he needed to pee. 
 Tuesday Chris and I were able to chaperone Hunt's ski trip.
 After last year's ski trip I thought I was a rock star when it came to skiing and couldn't wait to show Chris my stuff.  Yeah, I fell the first time getting off the lift and it didn't get much better than that. 
 After one time going down the bunny hill, the instructor grabbed a few kids and pulled them off to go down bigger hills.  Hunt was one of them.  Which meant Chris made me go down the big hill. 
 Huntley rocked it. 
 Me, not so much. 
 This resulted in Chris and Hunt having a great time flying down the hills and I did my thing.  Slowly. 
 
 
 Friday I scheduled a play date for myself.  The kids thought that was the weirdest thing ever but when Hope showed up with her dog Chip and they realized I was going sledding for my playdate and they got to come too, they were down for it. 
 We even fit all five of us in the sled.  Best. Playdate. Ever. 
 Saturday was Kids'n'Snow in West Yellowstone.  We started off ice fishing at Hebgen.  Mav was so excited to catch a fish. 
 He waited.
And waited.
 And waited some more.
 He finally decided fish or no fish, he was done. 
Luckily a cup of chili, cocoa, and a cookie was enough to make him happy again.
 His sisters didn't have any luck either. 
 But the fact they only fished for a full minute and then went off to play in the snow might have something to do with that. 
 Hunt was brave and rode the snowmobiles. 
 She thinks she needs one to ride to the bus now. 
 
 The sled got some more action. 
 
 
After that we had some pretty dang tired kids and Chris and I almost felt like we were on a date while driving home. 

No comments: