Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pink Nightmare

When I had a girl I realized that yes little girls wear pink. When you think of babies boys are blue and girls are pink. As I began receiving gifts 99.9% of all of the clothes Huntlely received were pink. Of course I even bought her lots of pink. Her room is pink, her clothes are pink, her toys are pink, everything is pink, pink, pink. None of this has really bothered me because I am responsible for buying her pink and dressing her in pink and anything else to do with pink.
Well the other day I started to feel bad. Since it was such a nice day, one benefit of living on a mountain is no inversions, we decided to take Huntley snowshoeing. I bundled her up in her pink snowsuit, pink gloves, and pink hat. As she was laying there on the floor bundled up so much that she couldn't move, she reminded me of Randy on the Christmas story, and in my mind I could hear her saying "Ralphie help me I can't get up!" At that point my mind then wandered on and I thought she even looks like Ralphie when he's dressed up in the pink bunny cosutme. Oh no, my child is a pink nightmare!!!

We continued on our outing and had a great time. Although when we got back and I was looking at the pictures I believe Huntleys face says "I am a pink nightmare." I feel horrible but since she has all of her clothes already bought for the next year and I'm too cheap to buy different ones the pink nightmare will continue.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Aw, she's not a nightmare! I know what you mean though. It's almost impossible to find non-pink clothes for girls. I have a little turquoise sleeper though for Aliya and when she wears it people think she's a boy. Even though it has cupcakes on it! Would I dress a boy in a cupcake sleeper? No! So, I guess in some ways pink isn't so bad. At least people will know she's a girl.

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

russell says:
bnhbnjk mg m hngnvhbhnbh gfnjv

think that means he is sorry for huntely

Anonymous said...

Look at her cheeks and double chin! She is so cute! Don't worry about the pink. What could you have bought anyway?

Kelly Fam said...

I still find myself buying pink for Josie. What's wrong with me. We have ventured to purple, blue and yellow. I think a lot of her clothes 0-12 months were mostly pink. Don't worry, It's just a phase that doesn't end for a few years.

** i think she looks darling in pink**