Well Hello my poor neglected blog. I was so excited for December because I would be able to post often of all the exciting things that this month brings. What I really found out was December was way full of many things and I never found the time to post any of them. So after debating what I should do now I finally decided to do a top ten of the things that have happened in the past month, the good, the bad, and the ugly!
#1
Of course would have to be our happy baby has arrived. Huntley has been a pretty good baby but she did have her moments. She is definitley the princess and wanted to make sure we knew it. Luckily the past month her princess moments have become few and far between and for the most part she's now a happy little girl.
#2
Christmas!!! We had a great Christmas which we spent all on our very own. Christmas Eve we spent playing games and eating good food with friends. Huntley gave us the best gift on Christmas morning and slept in until 10 so Chris and I enjoyed a nice breakfast together. We then opened presents, Huntley could have cared less, and spent the rest of the day hanging out together. Top the whole day off with a bang at the end with 60 mph winds that I was convinced were going to take us to Oz.
#3
Joshy!!! My brother called on Christmas day from his mission in Puerto Rico, all though currently he is in Curaco. Even thought I wasn't home my parents were able to do a three way call so that I could talk to him too. It was so great to hear from him and learn how to speak Papiemento. He is the best brother in the whole world and I'm so excited for April 30!!!
#4
I cooked my very first turkey. Since we were on our own Christmas day that left the responsibility of cooking the big meal all up to me. I cooked a turkey and all of the other fixings and it actually tasted good. I even baked pumpkin pie, am I not amazing.
#5
Here is the bad and ugly edition of our top 10. The friday night after Christmas, Chris got a fire call and our friend Ben's house was on fire. Ben, Chris and all of the other firefighters spent the night trying to get it out but unfortunately were unable to save it. Not the most exciting day after Christmas but Chris really enjoyed himself trying to put it out, too bad it had to be Ben's house.
#6 My aunt Della Don went through the temple. All of my mom's brothers and sisters were there, my grandparents, my great Aunt & Uncle, and Kristi & Rob. I've never been to the temple with so many family members and it was such a great experience. I'm so thankful for temples and eternal families.
#7

Chris eating touching food, all though he is insisting this was not touching food. Chris has never eaten foods that have multiple ingredients. After the temple we went to dinner at La Carratta where Chris ordered a dish with rice, chicken, beef, shrimp, eggs, peas, and all sorts of vegetables. When the waiter brought it out Kristi and I just about died that Chris had actually ordered it and then we went into shock when Chris proceeded to eat it. Miracles do happen
#8
Russell!!! Can I just say how much I love this little boy. He is so adorable and we were able to spend time with him when we went down to the city. Chris was having a little too much fun and put one of Huntley's headbands on him.
#9
If Huntley could talk she would insist that her hands make the top ten. Lately she has become extremely fascinated with them and can't keep them out of her mouth. They especially taste good when they are covered in soap.
#10
Last but not least was spending time with my bestest friends, Christine and Melissa. Although we were only down in the city for a short time they got up early and came ate breakfast with me so we could at least chat for a little bit. Love you girls!!!
And the end is finally here, anyone still reading? Here's too doing better at posting in 2009!!! Happy New Year everyone!
3 comments:
Poor Russell! Now him and his uncle josh have more in common than they thought
What a fun idea to do a top ten. I might steal it sometime. I had to call Kristi today and tell her I got a filing cabinet. I am now realizing how insane it was to not have one yet. Maybe now when we ever find Em's social security card we won't lose it again. Luckily their dad put their birth certificates with the Dog's pedigrees. Love ya Delora
Man you guys are busy! And your baby is getting so big and sooo cute...when I first looked at her I thought...man she looks like you Jess...then I took a second glance at you hubby and thought...well...she also looks just like him too! She must be your baby! And what a cutie!
Michelle
PS
Liked the pics of Christine and Melissa...miss you all!
Post a Comment