Saturday, May 19, 2012

Favorite Place

My first thought of my favorite place is definitely Hacking Lake. That little lake has been my favorite place in the whole wide world for as long as I can remember. Since I couldn't exactly run out and take a picture of it (although I'm pretty sure I could have convinced Chan to take a spur of the moment drive with me) I spent the day trying to think of some place local I love.

Nothing was coming to mind until this evening when I'd just gotten paisley out of the tub and we started to snuggle in the recliner. Huntley wanted to be included to and climbed up on the armrest. Immediately I realized that any place I'm holding my girls in my arms is my favorite place. I hope it's their favorite place as well. If they can grow up knowing they can always come to me and feel loved then I will have succeeded as a mother.

Chris on the other hand would probably say his favorite place is a toss up between home and somewhere with big fire. Luckily tonights big fire included a view of home. It was nice to be able to watch out my window and see smoke and know where he was. Hooray for local fires!

1 comment:

Chantal Marie said...

Not gonna lie... Im a little irritated with you for giving up on a quick trip up to Hacking. It is still pretty cold up there though. Ill pretend that is your excuse ;)