Saturday, June 16, 2012

Out-and-About

The girls and I have had some really nice relaxing days at Nini's house. Everyone has had to work so we've been able to hang out and enjoy the sun.

Yesterday I told Huntley we could go for a walk to the park. My original plan was to walk up to Chris's old elementary school but then I got sidetracked by Jacks Peak. It's a county park with hiking trails that I've always wanted to go to but Chris won't take me because of the poison oak. The man is super sensitive to poison oak and gets it if he looks at it. I figured it was the perfect time to go check it out. Well even though we were at sea level the walk to even get to the toll booth made my walks up 1100 look like strolls in the park. It kicked my trash but never seeing it before I kept going around a corner and thinking we almost had to be there. Hunt was less then amused when we reached the top and it wasn't her idea of a park so we turned around and walked down which was even harder than going up. Trying to hold back 60 lbs in a stroller down a steep vertical grade isn't easy.

We finally made it to the "real" park where again Hunt went crazy in the sand and turned it into her own drive through. She fed me hamburgers, fries, ice cream, and spaghetti that didn't even effect my weight loss. Paisley loved the swings but wasn't a big fan of the slide. Auntie April arrived late last night and the girlies haven't seen her yet. It will be like Christmas morning for them. If they ever wake up. My girls now how to sleep in. Which kind of concerns me for when they are older and really learn how to sleep in. I may never see them in daylight.

1 comment:

Grandma Doni said...

You should have amazing numbers!!!