Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dinner Time

One of the benefits of having Chris gone is I have all of the power. I get to decide what we do, what we wear, what we eat, etc. etc. etc. I can make whatever I please for dinner, when I have the desire to make dinner. I don't actually make real food very often because I can serve waffles for dinner three nights in a row and be rewarded with cheers from Huntley every night.

Tonight I decided I was going to make one of my favs, tatertot casserole. Hunt was really in to helping me make it and sat at the oven the whole time watching it cook. She was bouncing with excitement at the table waiting for her plate and I was excited too because if it's two against one than I can actually make it during the winter when I'm in the mood for casseroles. I really don't like them in the summer and would much rather eat them on a cold day.

Anyways the time finally came for us to eat and I happily dished Huntley some food. She took one look at it and yelled out quite enthusiastically "yuck!!!".

Yep, I'll now be serving waffles three days a week again.

1 comment:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

Ah the joys of making dinner. Thanks for your help today I 'll have to tell how it turned out some time its a pretty good story.