Huntley stole the camera from me the other day. She had a blast running around the yard and taking pictures of everything. I wanted to do a post so I'd always remember the world from her eyes at this age but honestly I had no idea what to write about. The pictures kind of speak for themselves. Luckily life with Huntley never is dull and last night was one of those nights that I want to remember for when she has kids someday.
Saturday night Huntley woke me up with a nasty barky cough, great croup. We actually haven't had to deal with croup very often so I really shouldn't complain but I hate going to the doctor. Last month at her yearly checkup she freaked out and kicked the doctor so I was content to just let it run it's course. Then my mom watched her last night while I was at YW and she thought it would probably be a good idea to have her checked out so I figured we'd just run over to the after hours clinic. Plus that way Ta'Merra could come help me in case we had a repeat of last month.
We got to the doctors office and we were the only ones there so they took us right back. Huntley did great with the nurse and the first part with the doctor. Then he tried to look in her ears and apparently that is pretty traumatic because she started to freak out. Luckily for him she was sitting on my lap so he didn't get kicked but yes she did have croup. The nurse came back in with some steroids mixed in chocolate syrup. We had to force it down Hunt's throat which is weird since she normally loves to take her "meds." Yes she is a miniature version of my mother. After forcing it down she proceeded to throw it back up all over me, the floor, Mera, and everything else. It was awesome. At this point they decided a shot would be best and you can imagine how well that went down. The rest of the night she screamed and cried and refused to walk. Chris called and was able to calm her down and she sat and told him she had a good day and the doctor was fun. Then she crashed in her bed and I took a shower.
Today she woke up and is doing much better. She hopped out of bed and then joined me doing a work out video. We were going about our day like normal until she had to get dressed. Hunt took one look at the band aid and immediately started freaking out about how much her leg hurt. The next hour she couldn't walk and life was horrible. Of course this all happened while I had an installer here fixing our Internet. Next time I'll remember to take the band aid off during the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment